Monday, October 26, 2009

Phase 2 - Construction (and a side note)

The basement project is moving along! I don't know what we would do without Dube's help.....spend more time and money for sure! Mike and Dube have been working almost everyday and have accomplished so much! It's awesome to go downstairs at the end of the day and see how far along we are coming. The walls are built, insulation is going up, recessed lighting has been installed, all the electrical has been brought up to code....Yeah!!!! Bennett loves to help but we have to go upstairs sometimes when it gets too dusty. We have a goal deadline of Nov. 24th (before Thanksgiving). Here are some picture updates.



Bennett has his gloves on and is ready to buy supplies at Menards!


Walls! No more paneling!




The insulation (plus drywall) will make a HUGE difference in sound insulation -- right now I can hear every word of a phone conversation when I'm upstairs and Mike is in the basement....this will quiet things down considerably!


We moved the door location for the water heater too.


My boys are working hard!



A Side Note

Bennett has his first pets - three goldfish! For $0.19 each I couldn't resist! We named them after B's favorite trains - Thomas, James and Percy.





We went to the mall today - B's first time at the Rivertown playground (I was a little unsure because of the flu season and all but they provide hand sanitizer) he had a blast running around with other kids. Then we went upstairs and just had to ride the carosel!


Saturday we carved a pumpkin....a boring face I know but we had fun and afterwards we baked the seeds for a snack!

No comments: