Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lettie...The First Two Months...

Chapter Two...
Let me begin by saying that Lettie is a happy baby. She sleeps for long periods at night anywhere from 4 to 10 hours and only cries before a feeding. She is smiling all the time now which is so gratifying to get something back for all the energy we put towards her. I cherish snuggling time, especially at night after Bennett has gone to bed and is not competing for my affection. She falls asleep easily on my chest and I rest my cheek on her head. She is a one-man-band with all the noises she makes while sleeping (which used to get me tensed up at night but now makes me smile). She is growing rapidly and I already have a bag of clothes that no longer fit! At her two month check-up she weighed 12lbs 1.5oz!!! She still spends the majority of time eating or sleeping but we do have a few periods during the day when we talk and smile at each other. She is also beginning to reach out and swat at toys that hang in front of her. Oh, and her eyes are definitely changing color -- we'll have to wait to see if they will be brown (like Mike and me) or hazel (like Aunt Paige and Papa P).


Her first smiles at 5-6 weeks




Meeting Uncle Jeff and Claire


All four cousins


Connor was very sweet and liked to give Lettie kisses


Claire will be 4 in June but with Papa's glasses and little rings on her little fingers she looks wise beyond her years.


Connor was reading his book while sitting in the toy box.




Sleeping in Aunt Margaret's arms


Staring contests with Mimi...


...and Papa. She always wins.


Here is the travel bed we use (it's about 1/10 the size of the pack 'n play). I call it "Baby in a Box."


What a silly half grin






Hanging out while B plays on the swings with Mimi






Here again, my feeble attempts at a "photo shoot" for Easter.




Although, I have to say, some are quite cute!


This is what most of them looked like.












At Papa and GB's for Easter dinner


Grandma Barb and Mozie




Lettie's idea of a picnic


She is so alert and bright-eyed


Smiles!


Dark eyes

I can't believe 9 1/2 weeks has gone by already and soon I'll be back at work and she'll be off to daycare with Bennett. She is taking a bottle better now so that makes me feel better about leaving at night (I'm slightly anxious for Mike when I go back to work. He's a wonderful dad but managing two for bedtime, nighttime feedings and morning prep for daycare three days in a row is going to be a lot of work!)

No comments: