
Mother's Day


A visit with Nana and Papa


Playing on the deck - B was racing his cars around the railing "track"


B just loves to be close to Lettie
Memorial Weekend at the Cottage


The wind was blowing the bubbles backwards, be he kept trying!

"I got it!" sounds more like: "I gaaawwtit!"

Mike, B and Addi on the Whaler

Mike took the neighbor's sailboat out - I was so nervous for him but he did great!

Come back!!

The New Patriot Truck!



Isn't she pretty? Bennett loves to go for rides. A couple of times when I desperately needed the sleep (and we had no daycare) B went on a couple of runs with Mike to the dump - every little boy's dream! Riding in the big dump truck!

Ouch! B did a spin-maneuver and fell on the edge of the table. I briefly contemplated the ER but Mom talked me out of it - there wasn't really much bleeding but I could see the meat of his lip where his top teeth sliced into it (at first I thought it went through his lip). An ice pack and Disney's Cars made everything right again.
Ow!

Dad and Barb came over for Mike's birthday. Lettie's pretty new dress - isn't it adorable?!

A hiking backpack

A new travel fishing rod/accessories

And of course, the best part....the box! Bennett made it into a bed complete with a blanket and snoring sounds.

Lettie in the bouncer on the dining table while we eat dinner.

Mike cutting down the dead branches in preparation of Bennett's new playhouse

Mimi and Papa came down for a long weekend to help put the playhouse together and babysit while Mike and I went to a Tigers game and dinner with friends. Thank you!!!


Mom and I also took B and L to Grandma Wehner's for a visit. Aunt Kat was also there - pictures must be on my mom's camera.


Picking strawberries from Grandma's garden


B is pantless due to an accident on the way over and his shorts are in the dryer.

Yummy strawberries!

The rock in front the Grandma's - we have all climbed up here - I used to sit out here as a young pre-teenager and contemplate life, friends, boyfriends, school...it was quiet and warm, I could see the cows/deer in the field across the road - no one ever bothered me when I was on the rock.

Meanwhile back at the ranch....Mike and Dad are busy building the swing set.





Doesn't it look awesome!!? It's incredible!!

Papa reading books to Lettie - she likes to slap at the pages and colors.

Tigers vs Diamondbacks
40,681 fans!!!!



Mimi and Papa saying goodbye, until next time!


Riding to the Cottage (weekend before the 4th of July)

B watching Cars...we have since purchased a new DVD player for the car that has two screens (one can be backwards for Lettie when we watch reading videos) and B can't reach it with his feet!

Such an innocent face. B likes to have his blanket over his head when he gets "cozy." He does the same thing at nap time.

Fishing with Dad and Papa - a massive catch - 6" perch!!

One of the highlights of childhood - blowing milk bubbles!

I was trying to take pictures of some mushrooms that are in the front lawn at the cottage so I could try to identify them (really just wanted to know if they are poisonous) and I ended up with some pretty cool pictures. (I was not able to identify the mushrooms)



I had a bandanna on for cleaning and found one for B too!
A trip to the zoo...I have been told the octopus died -- he was B's favorite animal to visit. :(
July 4th Weekend
Uncle Rich and Bennett
Jax and B...
...and Addi
Dad and Barb on the Force 5 - her debut sail since 1983!

It was incredibly hot and humid so I helped Lettie and B cool off by plopping them in the kitchen sink (we had already spent half the day in the lake but I wanted to get them out of the sun). L is drying under the ceiling fan.

Grandma Barb helping Lettie get her drink on.

Loving the lime!

She really enjoyed sucking the edge of the cup.

Hanging out with Uncle Rich

Jax, Addi and B enjoying a lake view dinner

An after boat ride nap

Cutie Pie!

Back home, B had his first bowl of Rice Krispies - 'Snap, Crackle, Pop!'

Picking black raspberries in our yard

It was still hot and humid - rosy red cheeks!

We also have one area that produces yellow/orange raspberries

Shirts off!

Snack time!

Playing in the sprinkler on the deck - B prefers this to the yard

Eating yesterdays harvest

But when the raspberries were gone, B was off to collect more. See him through the railing, tiptoeing through the grass towards the edge of the yard?

At the Graham's (Andy's parents) pool. Check out Lettie's tutu swimsuit!!!

Aunt Bridget, Finn and Lettie




Bennett eventually got in the pool but the first 1/2 hour was rough - I guess he though I was going to put him in the water (he didn't want to go in) so every time I came near him, he freaked out. Mike was able to calm him down later. I felt bad that I didn't know why he was screaming and crying. I kept putting him in the car on a timeout to give him a chance to regroup but every time I went to bring him back to the pool area he freaked out! Mike was able to figure out that B thought I was going to take him into the water against his will. Poor little guy - he was afraid and I was punishing him. I felt terrible.

B really enjoyed the trampoline though!!


Running in circles - I love Mike's expression - an "oh, my, how long can this go on?"

He could have gone all night

L all wrapped up in her Moby while I do laundry



Playing with the musical flowers that also light up - very entertaining. These flowers captured Bennett's attention for months at this age.


Rice Cereal!!!!

Lettie's first meal - rice cereal


She wasn't to sure in the beginning



She likes to chomp on the spoon


B is sitting in front of the Zucchini/squash plants in our garden

Bath time!
That's it for now.....you are all updated (picture-wise anyway) through the 17th of July. I am finding that I have a much easier (and faster) time uploading pictures in the middle of the night so I may keep taking advantage of my sleepless mornings (4am on) and post more pictures and scrapbook. Life is good -- the kids are incredible and impress us each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment