I like how it looks like Lettie is about to turn a page when in reality she is probably trying to figure out how to get the book into her mouth! Lately B has been choosing to read a book about manners - "that's not nice manners," "that is rude," "she has nice manners." It is actually a little advanced in some of the context but he likes it anyway and we talk about overall concepts of being "nice."
Currently he needs constant reminders not to interrupt our conversations.
L and B having lunch
"Cheese!"
Lettie beginning to lose her battle with a mid-morning nap
Trying to hold on....
Doh! I'm done for!
These pictures are from today, taken in the front yard. I love how Lettie's outfit is so bright against all the colors of the leaves.
To anybody who ever has kids -- make sure you get them rubber boots - they are the best, easiest and cutest things ever!
Can't you just hear the crinkle/crunch of the leaves?
One of the last dandelions found its way to Lettie's ear.
She loves to clap her hands together. "smack, slap, smack!"
I hope they stay close as siblings. Time will tell. I went through different periods with my brother but now I feel we are as close as ever (funny, being that we live far apart).
Melt my heart!!!
"Smell the flower Lettie!" I'm sure she got a good whiff of it!
I asked Bennett if he wanted me to cut his hair. He said "no" so we will see how long it is until the next trimming. I love his long hair and sometimes when he wakes in the middle of the night ("I have to pee!") I lay down with him after and play with his hair until he falls back asleep. This is obviously more for me than for him but I feel this somehow fills all the lost one-on-one time we used to get together.
I love how Lettie is looking right into the camera but Bennett is laughing and not paying any attention to me.
A rare, both kids looking in the same direction, picture.
I will definitely have to enlarge some of these pics.
They both looked up as a strong gust of wind made the branches sway and the leaves fall.
What more could parents ask for than two beautiful children on a glorious fall day?
Love that B is laying down - such a random capture of the moment. No posing, just fun!
"Peek!"
I don't know what kind of tree this is but it had low enough branches that I could lift B into them.
He sat up there for ten minutes and waited until Mike came home from work. B was so excited - "Look at me dad! Look at me! I'm up high! Look at me dad, I'm way up here!!!"
Such a long day, and no nap, he fell asleep to music while I was feeding Lettie dinner and Mike was grilling chicken. He hardly moved when we asked if he wanted dinner and I eventually moved him to his bed, still in jeans and a t-shirt. Also still in underwear (yikes!, he usually wears a diaper/pull-up to bed, but lately he has been waking up dry or getting us up in the night to use the potty). No dinner, the poor exhausted boy. We'll have to have a big scrambled-egg breakfast tomorrow.
I so love the fall - the crisp air, the warm sun, the smell of wet leaves, the crunch of dry leaves. It has always been my favorite season and I love sharing it with Mike and the kids.
Lettie loves to chew now that she has six - almost eight - teeth!

These pictures are from last week when the leaves really began to fall. I like her hair in this shot - floating up from the wind.



Bennett helped gather sticks in the yard

Lettie was ready for a nap and so was quite serious in these pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment