Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Marquette Visit

It's been almost 2 weeks since we traveled north to visit my side of the family but we had a great time! Saturday, mom and I went to garage sales while the boys went to an auction (we found a great swing to hang in a tree!). Then we all headed to a graduation party and to see old friends. Saturday evening we celebrated Mike's 31st birthday - Dad made his awesome loaded nachos for dinner and then we went for a walk downtown. Sunday we went for a late breakfast at Jeff and Margaret's to enjoy Father's day. Even though this was a short trip it was well worth the driving time and I can't wait to go again!


Photobucket
The Fierstine Family

Photobucket
Saturday morning Mimi gave B a bath and I got some much appreciated uninterrupted time to get ready for the day!

Photobucket
Claire being her adorable self

Photobucket Photobucket
I finally caught a smile from Connor - what cheeks!


Photobucket
B and Boppa catching up on the latest gossip - B liked to grab the pages and hear them crinkle - he is so into touching everything!

Photobucket Photobucket
Connor said "hello" to Uncle Mike with an audible, across the room diaper filling!

Photobucket
Claire reading a story to Mimi. She has lots of energy but managed to stay put just long enough for me to braid her hair - it made her look much older!

Photobucket
Claire just had her 2nd birthday June 3rd - I was impressed with her building skills - I am looking forward to Bennett being able to pretend and imagine!

Photobucket
While on our walk Saturday night Bennett fell asleep in the carrier - only I didn't know it! We were walking along and B's leg were swinging - I thought he was kicking and having fun but in reality he was like a limp rag doll, his legs swinging with each step I took. It wasn't until we paused to look in a store window that I saw his reflection and realized he was sleeping! His hoodie was even crooked so I thought his head was upright! We had had a long day seeing new people and being outside - he was whooped!


Photobucket
Sunday morning at Jeff and Margaret's - they have a great swing set in their backyard and we gave it a try after breakfast.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Claire was very into helping B swing - when she was finished though she forgot that the swing keeps swinging and she was bonked on the forehead! No tears though - Claire is tough!

Photobucket
Happy Father's Day

Photobucket
Connor hanging out in his swing


Photobucket
We left late Sunday afternoon and had an uneventful drive - we thought for sure we would be caught in heavy rains from the looks of these clouds but we were behind the storms.


Photobucket
A rainbow


Photobucket
The last hour or so I climbed into the back to entertain Bennett - the front passenger seat flips flat forward so I put my feet up and read my magazine to B.

Photobucket
"Allright. I like to pretend I'm not interested in the happenings of Hollywood but just between you and me, I think Katie and Suri should leave Tom - what a nutcase!"

Photobucket
"Now, cut the gossip, I want toys!"

Photobucket
So I covered him with toys and let him pick and choose what to play with. By the way he is taking a pacifier more often now - especially before sleeping - but he mostly likes to pull it out and look at it.

Our next trip planned won't be until the end of July when Bennett is going to Mimi and Boppa's for an extended weekend without parents!


No comments: