Robinette's Apple Haus & Gift Barn
Saturday, October 4th

Two Belgian draft horses pulled our trailer - man, their heads are huge (and their teeth)!! I was a little intimidated standing next to them!

B was in a cuddling mode

He wasn't afraid to touch the horses though!

B and B waiting in line for the hayride

The six pack (plus Kris - actually, an original member!)

There were 2-3 trailers being pulled at any given time and this group pulled over to let us by. We went thought the apple and peach orchards and then doubled back. It was probably a 20min ride and it felt great to be outside with the smells of autumn.

RJ and B waiting in line for doughnuts and cider. B fits perfectly in RJ's arm.

Bridget and Andy

We're really happy here because mom shared a few small nibbles of a doughnut with B! After the first taste, he was leaning forward with his mouth wide open for more! I had to be quick and finish my piece so I could show him it was "all gone!"

The wine tasting...$3 to sample 6 flavors - some were oh so delicious (I bought two bottles of the Demi-Sec) and some were a bit powerful (like the apple dessert wine with brandy - wow!)
After Robinette's we went to have dinner at Val and Rj's new home and as usual we had tons of fun and laughed until our sides hurt. I really cherish our times with our friends - we seem to always have a blast and the is no drama!
Bennett's New Tricks

While watching his "reading" videos he likes to turn the television on and off. He knows which button to push and doesn't bother with the others. Just on, off, on, off...

He also likes to climb along the banister which scares me every time to the point of nightmares of B falling through the railings to the basement stairs below.

I don't want to impede his freedom but I don't want him to be tragically hurt either so a couple of days ago we put a "fence" around the railings (plastic coated chicken wire. We couldn't think of anything else - short of a new banister- and now B ignores it completely giving us great peace of mind).

Climbing on me while I do some dishes
Teeth!!

We noticed B's first tooth on Sept 30th! It was discovered accidentally while I was babbling B's lips - he grabbed my finger, put it in his mouth and I felt a poke! There it was! This is an unsuccessful attempt at taking a photo of his tooth.

Monday Oct 6th, B came home early from daycare because he was unusually fussy - he popped a second tooth! We got a picture this time by using food to open his mouth!

A zoom-in of the above picture. It's difficult to see but there are two teeth on the bottom!
No comments:
Post a Comment