Decorating Fun!

Chopping down the tree. I bagged this beauty in the basement behind the furnace!

Bennett loved touching the colorful twinkle lights.

We placed our little tree on a table and Mike used a motorcycle strap to pin it down tight. Then we covered it all up with our tree skirt that Grandma Wehner made for us when we were married!

Hanging ornaments.

Quality family time!


My boys!
Christmas in Marquette

Since B is walking everywhere now, we needed a way to corral him and keep him safe. Mom and Dad bought this HUGE indoor fence set that allowed us to do unheard of things like, eat an uninterrupted meal or go to the bathroom without wondering if B was close to the stairs. He was out of it walking around more than he was in it but man, this thing was awesome! We all decided this is a definite must-have for this summer when we want to work outside and have Bennett with us.

I was concerned it would become an "ignore - o - matic" but we all took turns playing inside the cage.
A Sled Ride to Look at Christmas Lights

All bundled up in a new snowsuit and ready for a sled ride from Papa.

Mimi and B checking out the Christmas lights. Is it weird to walk in the middle of someone's yard?? :) We did anyway and old footprints reviled someone else had too!

Unfortunately, night time and cameras don't do so well for clarity, but we did manage to capture a family photo while out on our walk.
Visiting the Marquette Children's Museum
The Museum is only a few minutes from my parent's home so we went Friday and Saturday! Mom and Dad have a "Grandparents" pass and so we all got to go in free!! Yeah!! The museum has a ton of interactive displays/sets but is very relaxed and seems more like a huge playhouse!

The trains are the first display as you enter the museum and we stayed here to watch them go through the tunnels and across the bridges for at least 10 minutes! It's amazing how detailed the sets are. There is a seek and find and I don't think we ever found the little dog or doghouse!

Digging (in corn kernels) to uncover buried fossils...or eat them, whichever is easier! I swear, he tries to eat everything!

Washing dishes in the tree house. B found a miniature loaf of bread and carried it around for half the morning!

Bennett in the tunnel. We weren't sure if he would go on his own but he could hear Papa calling his name and off he went. Then he crawled back and needed to take a little rest. Note the little loaf of bread in his hand.

In the music room playing the electric piano.

Here is B inside the intestines in the "Body" section. Little windows (ulcers?) are just the right height to peek through. Look at B standing on his little tippy toes!

Here we are, climbing up the intestinal wall to go down the slide.

I didn't even look at the slide on the outside before we went down so I was caught off guard by the two sharp turns! It flipped us around but we made it safely to the bottom full of static!

Then Mike had a turn!

B is peeking out of the eye...

...and going down the tongue slide!

Oh, this was cool -- a wind funnel of sorts that blew a stream of air and would "float" balls even when tilted at an angle.

Of course it was also fun just to aim the air at our face and feel our hair blow all around!

Mr. Jim took a snake out for the kids to see and touch. B touched the snake but seemed more interested in Mr. Jim and his accent. (Australian?)

Claire was so into it I couldn't get a picture of her looking away from the snake!

What a brave girl!
An Early Celebration of Jesus' Birthday

Sharing new gifts.


Even Ellie had a little treat from Santa that Claire helped her open.

Papa reading a new story to Claire and Bennett.

Claire "reading" a story to Papa, Connor and her Daddy. Claire is learning to read and already has quite a list from "wave" and "eyes" to "gorilla" and "clap." Margaret says Claire is proud of herself and enjoys her reading videos. It is so great to see her learning!

This photo was just too funny to pass up. Mom and I giggling in the closet while we tested the light on Dad's new lantern.
Driving Home

Although the roads were snowy and the winds were blowing at 30+ mph, we thought, "what better time for Bennett to learn the ways of Michigan winters?" and let him drive from the Bridge to home.

Pretend drive, that is. I was inside warming up B's dinner in the gas station microwave. We made two stops on the way home for diaper changes and to let B stretch his legs. I always feel that he may be uncomfortable since he is completely strapped in and can't shift his weight off his little bum. We had him crawl around the seats for a while and then continued home.

I suppose he can't be too uncomfortable and look this peaceful.

We got home to a driveway covered in snow! We could tell that Jim, our neighbor, had plowed once while we were gone but since Old Man Winter didn't want to quit this week, the snow was still deep! Here is Mike standing next to the drift that piled against the garage door. It was above his knees! We pushed the snow in the garage and Mike had to shovel it back out.
Christmas at Pemberton's with Tobers
Christmas Eve was spent at Dad and Barb's home in SE Grand Rapids. Rich, Paige, and the kids plus Barb's daughter, Julie, and Mozie & Potise were all there. We had a great time and B was quite shy at first but warmed up and was cruising through the house. We enjoyed a fantastic meal and had a blast opening gifts.

Opening gifts. Dad and Barb moved into this house this past summer and it is very warm and inviting. We really love it!

I spent the first 30 min of the night with B completely clinging to me and crying if anyone looked at him!! He did loosen up eventually and was showing off his tricks during dinner (tricks being pointing to his eyes, mimicking faces and clapping on demand).

Papa playing with Jax and Addi.

This is a great picture! Mozie, this color on you is fabulous!


A little post-dinner conversation.

I thought it would be difficult to get Bennett to look at the camera! ;-)

Rich and Addilyn dancing.

Jaxson and Marley
Christmas Morning

Waking up Christmas morning!!

Me and my baby! 13months tomorrow!

Mike and B playing

"Peek!"

Such a character and very animated.

A new dinosaur towel

His current funny face. Scrunching up his face and sniffing like a dog.

This hat stayed on for 1.3secs - maybe.

I had to be ready and hold the camera in one hand, snug the hat on his head with my other hand and quick snap a picture! What a stinker!

Nana came by in the early afternoon.

B closely inspecting the present lights that Nana brought us.

"Oooh, Nana, I think I want this."

"I love buttons!!!"

Mom and Mike playing Wii Tennis.

Mom was very into her swing and took a divot out of the post!!!
Christmas afternoon B and I took a nap while Mike played with new Christmas toys. In the evening Mike blew off the deck while I made some dinner and gave Bennett a bath before bed. It was a normal night in the Pemberton household which was just fine with all the traveling and visiting lately. As I said earlier, I cherish and appreciate any and all time spent with family but sometimes there's nothing better than doing nothing at home.
Love to all and Salutations in the coming New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment