Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hiking at Yankee Springs

April 4

Photobucket
Dad, Barb, Julie, Me, Mom, Mike and Bennett

Photobucket

Photobucket
A quick snack and map consultation

Photobucket
Bennett did not so much enjoy the smell of wild chives

Photobucket
Stopped for lunch at some cabins...there were people wandering around and all the cabins were lit and had fires going...some people were dressed up and it reminded me of a cult meeting. Picture a women with masses of curly hair, wearing a shall and a long skirt (this is in the middle of the woods mind you) holding in front of her a stick with a crystal dangling from the end....I kid you not. At one point during our lunch, there was some intense yelling and screaming -- I was convinced it was human sacrifice...until we found out it was the GVSU Renaissance group having a weekend in the woods...no drinking I'm sure of it...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bennett, cracking himself up on the car ride home.

No comments: