Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthday?

Well, today is (supposed to be) the day....the day we've been looking towards....the day we've been setting goals around...the day we've been eagerly awaiting. So, WHERE IS SHE???? I didn't send birthday invitations -- maybe she's waiting for a formal invite? I am done working now....I stayed last night until 12:10am just to be able to say I worked on my due date. :) I feel no different than I did last night or last week or last month (other than this shocking sensation as though she is break dancing on my pelvic bones) so I don't know when to expect her. Although, with Bennett I had no warning signs....which makes me think it could be any minute....except each minute passes with no news.
So.....I am sitting here, baking cookies and listening to the delightful sound of carpet being installed in my basement...yeah!!! It's a snowy, flurry-filled-sky type of day. I imagine similar to the day I was born (the day after Thanksgiving). A typical Michigan winter day making me thankful to be indoors. What else to do but post some pictures from the last few days?


A kid who LOVES his Cheerios....note all the boxes and "stuff" piled high in the dining room??? Soon to be moved to and organizied in the basement!


Impromptu ice cream social in the living room.


What's better than a grilled cheese sandwich?


Just the cheese, of course!


Baby "Gertie's" room


It's completed, the clothes are washed and put away...just need a baby!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thanks for posting pictures of the completed nursery! It looks great. Hopefully the next pictures you post will include a baby:).