Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beat the heat!

The last couple of days have been too hot to play outside and it feels similar to when B was born and we were stuck inside due to the cold. So, we have gone to the store a couple of times and played in the basement where it is cooler (he loves to bang on the piano). Here, we share some other things we have done over the last couple of weeks.

Who Needs Toys When You Have...Furniture!!
Bennett played for over 1/2 hr with the handles and doors - who knew?!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think this will be his "who, me?" and "I wasn't doing anything" look.


Benn Needs a Haircut
Photobucket
The other morning I found B in his crib - under his mirror. He was as happy as a clam in water - babbling and giggling - not a care in the world. I covered my laugh with my hands so I wouldn't disturb him and quickly grabbed the camera!

Photobucket
What a nut!

Photobucket
Here is the resulting hair style from all the static in the mirror toy.

Photobucket
I decided he should probably get a trim!

Photobucket
Another good shot showing his curly hair - a lock of love smack on his forehead!

Photobucket
Handsome boy after a haircut!
Surprisingly I nixed the camera when I cut his hair - he was on the changing table and I couldn't get the curl to go down so on impulse I grabbed the scissors and "Snip! Snip!" it was gone!


Fun in the Water
Photobucket
Saturday, July 5th, we went north to Pierson to Tony and Jen's family cottage. This was B's first experience swimming in a lake!

Photobucket
After some initial unease, he relaxed and enjoyed the water.

Photobucket
Spending an afternoon at the Graham's pool with Bridget and Val.

Photobucket
Bridget picked up this turtle for B and it worked out quite well!

Photobucket
Hanging out with Bridget!

Photobucket
In the pool on the back deck. It was 90 degrees and93% humidity so we waited until almost 6pm to go outside.

Photobucket
He does such a great job sitting up now! He did turn to grab a floating toy, reached too far and toppled over sideways - he soaked his hat but I was right there, uprighted him and he continued to play - it didn't seem to bother him at all. It is so true not to ever, EVER leave your baby unattended!


Landscaping 101
There are ginormous, overgrown bushes along our garage and house. We decided it was time to rip them out especially because we wanted to have fun!
Photobucket
I learned to drive the truck! By driving I mean going forward, reversing and operating the lift - it was great!

Photobucket
Mike behind the wheel

Photobucket
The result: no more bushes by the garage!


Legal Restraint
Photobucket
Too convenient when I have to run downstairs or outside!

Photobucket

Photobucket
He didn't seem to mind one bit - his toy couldn't get away from him which was an added bonus!


Miscellaneous
Photobucket
Bennett's quite interested in our rings when it is time to eat. He is getting good at his pincher grasp - we'll probably introduce finger foods soon!

Photobucket
This has been my favorite hat. It is much too small now (although I still used it through last week) and it pops off his head! It's so sad that he is getting so big! My box of "too small" clothes greatly outnumbers his clothes that fit and need growing into!

No comments: