Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8 month photos!

I can't even believe that B is 8 months old. He isn't a baby any longer - he's a little kid with a easy-going personality and a smile that never ends (well, almost never). He is 20lbs, 9 oz as of last weekend. He has a pudgy belly, rolling knees and a mop of hair right on top that insists on curling! I am glad he kept his blue eyes - I have been afraid that he would wake one morning and have brown eyes and I wouldn't recognize him. He is so easy to take care of another baby half as good as he is would be welcomed some day. He loves to sit and play with his toys - especially blocks and anything that has movement or lights. He is a great eater and enjoys many veggies, fruits, chicken, yogurt, pasta and more. His naps are a breeze - a small bottle, a pacifier and his favorite blue blanket - he just turns onto his side and goes to sleep. From the helpless infant he was when we marveled at every sneeze, yawn and movement, to the little boy he seems to be, he now entertains us and fills our home with laughter and love. I am so proud of all his accomplishments and I relish watching him learn and discover new things.

I have been trying to take him outside everyday and Saturday was a day perfect for an impromptu photo shoot in the front yard.

Photobucket
I wish I had my camera on a faster speed to clearly show his pudgy fingers but I think this is a great picture anyway

Photobucket
He smiles a lot naturally in response to his surroundings but it is very easy to elicit a smile too - usually a clucking or popping sound with our tongue or any repetitive sound will get him giggling.
I think here I was pressing my lips inward and then "popping" them out - he loves it!

Photobucket
He has a curious nature about him and even if an object is directly in front of him, he will lean in and tilt his head for closer inspection (kind of like a dog!)

Photobucket

Photobucket
More inspecting...

Photobucket
...and closely monitoring the swing that hangs from the tree next to us.

Photobucket
Watching the lilac bush move in the breeze


Photobucket


Photobucket
This one might make its way into a frame in the living room!



Random Pictures

Photobucket
B got a new ball from the Kurichhs' and he loves it!

Photobucket
He rolled under the table and couldn't reach the ball - such a sad face!

Photobucket
I feel bad but I laugh when he makes this face!

Photobucket
Tired kiddo - I was burping him after a bottle and he just laid his head down on my shoulder and fell asleep.

Photobucket
A recent visit to Mqt - B and Claire are too cute!

No comments: