Monday, September 1, 2008

No excuses!

I have been terrible! Of course I have taken like, one million pictures in the last month but I haven't shared them with anyone! Truthfully, I have been trying to organize/delete my pictures (which literally totaled over 4,000) since B was born and I haven't gotten to the point of posting (and I'm still not finished organizing but I am starting to feel guilty about not posting new pics). So, presented in reverse order of when they were taken (I think!) here is a massive update to what B is into and what we have done over the last month or so.


A New Haircut for Breakfast (Sept 1st)
Photobucket
I should have taken a "before" picture but B's hair was outta control! Fuzzy and matted from a hard nights sleep -- I had to fix it! So, snip, snip and a style too!

Photobucket

Photobucket


A Visit to Metro (Aug 30th)

Photobucket
Saturday night was a potluck night and of course I was canceled so, Mike, B and I went anyway to say "hi." I ended up working later that night when it became busy.

Photobucket
B-man and Morgan - reunited - Morgan held B at Metro 9 months ago!!!

Photobucket
Some gals from work celebrating Robyn's birthday/baby shower


It Won't be Long Now...(Aug 28th)
Photobucket
I had to help him up to his toy box but he was very intent on picking out toys to play with. He is still a little wobbly when standing but this makes me wonder if he'll ever crawl...

Photobucket




Video of B feeding himself corn puffs (for those of you who don't have small children, Gerber makes "puffs" of food that dissolve quickly for beginners)


Blueberries and Squash (Aug 24th)
Photobucket
B's classic pose of inquisition

Photobucket

Photobucket
Notice the bowls are empty.... this has lead to the 21lb 9oz monster we are cultivating in our dining room!

Photobucket
To that face I say, "yes, you may have ice cream all day, every day for the rest of your life."


A Picture with Mom! (Aug 23rd)
Photobucket

Finally! A picture with me in it instead of behind the camera!


A Weekend at the Cottage (Aug 16th)
Photobucket
Playing on the breakwater

Photobucket
Silly Papa!

Photobucket
B and B dancing

Photobucket
My Boys

Photobucket
We had some good laughs while B wore the candy bowl on his head

Photobucket
"What are you laughing at Dad?"

A Visit with Nana and GrandPapa (Aug 14th)
Photobucket
B is learning to clap which is very entertaining for us adults :)

Photobucket

Photobucket



Splish, Splash, Sploosh!! (Aug 12th)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Doesn't every mother do this to every child's hair during a bath??

Photobucket
Snuggle up after a bath...

Photobucket
...and now we have our jammies on and we're ready for a story, a bottle and bed!


Wehner Family Reunion (Aug 9th)
Photobucket
I'm not sure how it alluded us to take a group/family picture but here are the Wehner siblings - my Aunts and Uncles - Joan, Nancy, Kathy, Jim and Tim.

Photobucket
I hope someday I have daughters that have sisters

Photobucket
Bennett and Great-Grandma Wehner

Photobucket
Not sure about this....the girls had Barbies purchased at nearby yard sales and my dad, in a fleeting moment of childhood, began playing with the dolls -- of course it was too hilarious not to take a picture! I'm so glad my dad is able to have imaginative play with the kids -- he is such a great Boppa!!!

Photobucket
Uncle Phil manning the grill in the rain.

Photobucket
Autumn, the daughter of my cousin Heather. She is a hoot and seems rather beyond her age as I'm sure many six year olds are.
Thanks to Kathy and Phil for having us all to their home and especially opening their room to Mike, B and myself which was very comfortable and welcoming.

A New Friend! (Aug 8th)
Photobucket
I plopped B in front of the mirror in our bedroom and he played for a long time - I did laundry, dishes and even had time to do my hair! Now I have little hand prints all over the mirror that make me smile - I may never Windex again!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I just love his face!


Newer Pics of Baby Connor (Aug 3rd)
Photobucket
Just over 3 months old....15lbs??? Whoa.

Photobucket
Handsome little guy...his eyes remind me of Jeff


Eczema, smeczema...it's a rash! (Aug 2nd)
Photobucket
B had a worsening redness around his neck that started to flake and have yellow patches...ewwww...I thought for sure he had some weird virus or fungus but it turns out it is just eczema...possibly from a new food but we fixed him up with a prescription steroid cream and it was gone the next day.

Photobucket
Poor little guy...honestly, though, he didn't give two hoots about his neck...but I was worried enough to take him to the Saturday walk-in clinic for fear that it would cover his entire body if I waited until Monday. Am I a mom or what?


Friends at the Cottage (July 24-27th)
Photobucket
The lot of us in Mackinac City

Photobucket

Photobucket
RJ showing off Val's catch of the day

Photobucket
Mike's posing at my request to show off his wind blown water logged hair (he's so cute here!)

Photobucket
Bridget and I trying in vain to drink "punch" through a twizzler

Photobucket
The Six Pack

Photobucket
Tattoo's in Mackinac City - it was supposed to be the six of us but I chickened out and Mike wants to wait to get one with me (if it ever happens) but these four brave souls got inked.

Photobucket
While Mike and I were playing with friends at the cottage, B spent a long weekend with Mimi and Boppa in Marquette. I only called twice each day to check on B (not too bad I think for our first time apart).

Photobucket
Mimi took him to Art on the Rocks on Presque Isle. This lion's head drinking fountain has been there forever and for some reason a story is tickling the edge of my brain that Jeff (my older brother) may have gotten himself stuck inside the lion's mouth when he was little...? Mom, you'll have to clarify where this memory is coming from...

Photobucket
Mom, Dad and the grandkids.

Photobucket
Claire, Connor and Bennett. Connor is too cute!!

Photobucket
On Sunday afternoon Mom and Dad came down to the cottage with Bennett. Our friends went home that evening and we stayed until the morning.

Photobucket
Out for a boat ride

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Hands in the water! Feet in too!
It was a little cool - water temp was 70 - but it was breezy so I didn't put him all the way in.


Photobucket
Afternoon lounge


I think that catches us all up! Phew!! Man, I'm not going to let it slip for that long again - I promise. I had to take my computer to work to connect to the faster internet just to upload all of these pictures! Thanks for your patience!

No comments: