Thursday, September 4, 2008

John Ball Zoo

I've been wanting to take Bennett to the zoo now that he is so much more interactive with his environment and on Wednesday, we went (it was perfect timing too because it has rained all day today). Unfortunately Mike had runs to make and couldn't join us but Morgan came along and made it much more fun!
Photobucket
Wallabies! They were tired (it was noon) and shy but this girl was interested in the stroller and hopped all around B

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I didn't realize Bennett owns the Wallaby! How cool is that!

Photobucket
Under the waterfall!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The petting corral was closed due to staffing but this goat was munching on grass at the edge of the pen and we were able to pet his head.

Photobucket
Stingrays!

Photobucket
I was nervous to touch them but I had to show B that his mom is brave! They were spongy yet firm underneath (like liver? gross). You could feed them for a nominal fee but I was satisfied watching them swim about. B liked the waterfall that flows into the pool.

Photobucket
Morgan pretending to throw B in the pool - unaware of his impending danger, he calmly watches the waterfall. What bliss to be a baby.

Photobucket
Look how long that stinger is! Yikes! I kept thinking about Steve Irwin...

Photobucket
Morgan is awesomely brave -- here she is "petting" a shark. What!?

Photobucket
The Grizzly bears

Photobucket
B staring at some llama-type animals

Photobucket
Petting the baby Pygmy goats

Photobucket
The new lion exhibit is really cool. The viewing areas are covered by huts and what do you think B was interested in?...

Photobucket
...the ceiling fan of course!

Photobucket
He also liked the tropical fish tanks...

Photobucket
I especially love this picture - such an interest to make contact with this fish

Photobucket
A quick visit to the gift shop - we couldn't pass up trying on the animal masks...nice shades Morg!

I'm glad we have such a facility near our home that we can take B to yearly and let him learn to love and respect animals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I could go with. I love the zoo and BONUS, now you can pet some wild animals :)