Bennett seems to be getting bigger and more mature by the day. He's no longer my baby! He is becoming more descriptive in his language which is just a delight to hear his thoughts and ideas. He has also tried to put both Mike and I on time-outs for being "naughty" (Mike was playing with Bennett's top which B told him was "not a toy." I'm not sure why I needed a time-out.) Things B loves to do: run through the house ("ready, set, 9, 10, go!"), brush teeth, wash hands (or just generally play with water), read books, watch "Yoga" and "trains," sit on the potty and help out with projects around the house. Things he dislikes: having us brush his teeth, sitting on the potty, us helping him wash his hands, us helping him to do projects around the house...!!! He definately likes to be independent! We try to encourage him to do most things by himself which takes a bit of patience on our part especially when, say, he is turning a screwdriver in the wrong direction but doesn't want our help to put the object together. He displays his fair amount of frustration and internal battles - yesterday he took about 30secs to answer a question - "yes,yes, no, yes, no, yes, NO!, yes, no, Yes!, no...." all without us repeating the question (which was probably something like - are you hungry?). I am constantly amazed at what he is able to do. I hope that he doesn't feel left out or ignored when his sister finally arrives (although I know this is unavoidable). Mike will be his main buddy for a while but currently he is more of a "Mama's Boy" which has me slightly concerned about how his adjustment will be. Here are some updated pictures - I hope the next time I post it will include a beautiful baby girl and her proud family!!!

At our monthly dinner Val decided to broaden and enhance B's knowledge of fine wine

"cheers!"

It was a good try...

Here is Bennett helping me paint Baby Girl's room


And helping Mike turn the toddler bed back into a crib

I love the color - thanks Mimi. The dresser in the middle of the room has been sold on Craig's list and we purchased and painted a dresser which is now in the closet...her room is finished and it feels so complete!

Jumping in the crib and playing with the butterflies

When listening to music B frequently wants to watch and feel the sub woofer buzz along with the bass...just like his dad!

"close eyes!"

Mimi gave B a "Sing Song Yoga" DVD (developed by a local GR woman) and he loves it! It is the most adorable thing to watch him try to mimick the poses.

Note he is wearing big-boy underwear! This lasted only this morning as we went through 4 pairs in 1 hour and I had things to do...poor boy...he's needs some consistent attention in the potty learning department.

Reach up high! Bennett's Tree pose.

Hilarious! (and I'm not refering to the fact that I can't quite reach my toes without bending my knees!)

Cozy time in the rocker in Baby Girls room. B is very much into being cuddled prior to naps/bed and singing "Rock-a-bye Bennett"

After a late night and multiple times up through the early morning, B finally fell asleep in his reading chair in his room...he was still asleep at 9am when I got home from work. Too sweet!

At 9:15 I checked on him - he was awake and reading "Stop That Ball"
Well, I have an appointment with Dr Florido tomorrow...also another ultrasound to check her growth as my belly is again measuring 2 weeks behind (if she would measure my backside she'd be worried about a BIG baby!!) I'll do my best to keep everyone updated...maybe tonight....I'm forever hopeful!
1 comment:
I like the color of the nursery. It turned out really cute.
We hope to see you sometime this weekend!
Post a Comment